tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Dashboard thoughts
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:08:27 GMT
"configure agents" ... many of these will be built into the Dashboard server
itself I think.  How about "metric provider agent"?  Or use the "telemetry"
something?

alternative views: I had the idea of a "preferred" or "default" view.  I
think that should be shifted out to a later release.  With the data we're
going to be tracking, the only default view would be "line chart" with an
alternative of tabular view.  But in the future, we might want things like
pie charts (to show distribution of different requests types, perhaps).

Are client metrics in the first pass?  That implies a whole new extra level
of information flowing from the client to the server, and some of it may be
bulky.

https://rrd4j.dev.java.net/ is a Java reimplementatin of the Perl rrdtools,
as a library.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50