tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Jaeger <christoph.jae...@derwald.at>
Subject [T5] BeanEditForm & Validation / Translate
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 21:23:13 GMT
Hi,

I have problems using validation in BeanEditForm. I can not inject
fields into my page using

@Component(id = "userid")
private TextField userIdField;

(error message: Component test/PersonBeanEditForm does not contain an
embedded component with id 'userid')

unless there is a separate block like this in my .tml file:
<t:Parameter name="userid">
  <t:Label for="userid" />
  <t:TextField t:id="userid" value="person.userid"/>
</t:Parameter>

Also my

void onValidateFromUserId(String userId)  throws ValidationException

method in the page is only called if the <t:Parameter> block above is
defined. Without this block, the html looks fine (an input field with
id="userId" is created), but the onValidateFrom... method is not called
(the same is true for onParseClientFromUserId(String input) and String
onToClientFromUserId() methods).

I use Tapestry 5.0.10.

Do I miss something here, or should I file a JIRA?

Best Regards,

Christoph