tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: groovy grails and tapestry 5 integration experiments
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 23:54:22 GMT
Very hard to follow without some understanding of Grails.

The question is: how hard would it be to change Tapestry to work as a
filter or as a servlet?  I think filter has advantages for many
applications (and is maximually concise), but servlet has advantages
when integrating Tapestry into other applications.

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 7:00 AM, ice96 <ice096@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>   I' m traing to integrate tapestry 5 in grails. I read in this
>  http://www.troymaxventures.com/search/label/grapestry this   blog how to
>  integrate tapestry 4. At the moment my problem that tapestry does not have
>  org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet and I can't bind .tml files.
>
>  grails plugin looks like this:
>

>  class Tapestry5GrailsPlugin {
>   def version = 0.1
>   def dependsOn = [:]
>   // This removes the Grails standard controllers plugin, which means that
>  standard Grails actions and such would not work anymore.
>   def evicts=['controllers']
>
>   def doWithSpring = {
>   // TODO Implement runtime spring config (optional)
>   }
>   def doWithApplicationContext = { applicationContext ->
>   // TODO Implement post initialization spring config (optional)
>   }
>   def doWithWebDescriptor = { xml ->
>

>                         /*
>  def servlets = xml.servlet[0]
>                 servlets + {
>                 servlet {
>                    'servlet-name'('tapestryapplication')
>                    'servlet-class'('org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet')
>                    'load-on-startup'(1)
>                }
>         }
>

>                 def mappings = xml.'servlet-mapping'[0]
>                mappings + {
>                  'servlet-mapping' {
>                        'servlet-name'('tapestryapplication')
>                        'url-pattern'('/app')
>                   }
>                    'servlet-mapping' {
>                        'servlet-name'('tapestryapplication')
>                        'url-pattern'('*.html')
>                   }
>                   'servlet-mapping' {
>                        'servlet-name'('tapestryapplication')
>                        'url-pattern'('*.direct')
>                   }
>                    'servlet-mapping' {
>                        'servlet-name'('tapestryapplication')
>                        'url-pattern'('*.sdirect')
>                   }
>                    'servlet-mapping' {
>                        'servlet-name'('tapestryapplication')
>                        'url-pattern'('*.svc')
>                   }
>                    'servlet-mapping' {
>                        'servlet-name'('tapestryapplication')
>                        'url-pattern'('/assets/*')
>                   }
>                }
>
>  */
>
>          def contextParam = xml.'context-param'[0]
>          contextParam + { 'context-param' {
>         'param-name'('tapestry.app-package')
>         'param-value'('org.tapestry.myapp')
>     }}
>

>            def filter = xml.filter[0]
>     filter + {
>         'filter-name'('app')
>         'filter-class'('org.apache.tapestry.TapestryFilter')
>     }
>
>     def filterMapping = xml.'filter-mapping'[0]
>     filterMapping + {
>         'filter-name'('app')
>         'url-pattern'('/*')
>     }

> [...]