tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Andreou" <andre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry and OSGi
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:19:11 GMT
Wouldn't it make sense to consider subprojects having different lifecycle that
the master project?

So that you could have a release as soon as a major issue in that
specific project
is fixed - instead of having to do a global release and update version
numbers of
everything else?

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Robert Zeigler <robertz@scazdl.org> wrote:
> +1 on keeping "integration" code in separate modules from core.
>
> Robert
>
> On Jul 13, 2008, at 7/134:32 PM , Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
>> It's very late in the 5.0 cycle to introduce something new.   I'd
>> prefer to see this as part of 5.1 ... it may be time to start thinking
>> about cutting a branch for 5.1 work that we can merge into trunk once
>> 5.0 is GA.  My gut feeling is that this could be a tapestry-osgi
>> add-on library.
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Igor Drobiazko
>> <igor.drobiazko@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Howard,
>>>
>>> as already mentioned in the tapestry user list I'm working on embedding
>>> Tapestry into an OSGi application.
>>> We already solved the problems mentioned in this thread
>>>
>>> http://www.nabble.com/ClassNameLocatorImpl-in-OSGi-td18204202.html#a18204202
>>>
>>> I would like to make the OSGi support available for all. Do you think we
>>> can
>>> add it to tapestry-core? Shall we maybe start a new module tapestry-osgi?
>>> This OSGi integration doesn't require new dependencies and consists of
>>> 4-6
>>> classes (most of them are decorators of the Servlet API). It allows you
>>> start Tapestry within OSGi environment. Furthermore it allows you to
>>> inject
>>> OSGi services into Tapestry pages in the same way we inject Spring beans.
>>>
>>> Shall I add a jira issue for it and assign it to me?
>>>

>>> May I also ask you to comment this issue?
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2519
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Igor Drobiazko
>>

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting