tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Gusev <dmitry.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SUCCESS] Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo as Tapestry Committer
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:16:38 GMT
Hi, Thiago!

I have some experience using T5 with JPA.

I've implemented my own lightweight API providing ORM/JPA functionality to
tapestry application. I've just published the library sources here
http://code.google.com/p/keyintegrity-orm/

I've tried to make this ORM implementation technology independent using my
previously JDO experience (though JPA implementation is only available ATM).

You can find basic T5 application design using the API and some code
examples within the presentations (there's the PDF version of it
http://dmitry.gusev.googlepages.com/introducing-keyintegrity-orm.pdf). Its
currently available in Russian only (I know there's a lot of Russian
developers here), but I hope you'll find the code from presentations
readable :)

The API provides transparent transaction support (framework user doesn't
matter of dealign with transactions) but as I've seen Spring guys says such
transaction support is an anti-pattern :) so I should probably change the
transactions implementation later and I'm looking forward to your
forthcoming work.

p.s.
That was my first T5 application and there's probably might be better
approaches of T5 application designs but 1) mine is implemented and 2)
deployed to production, and I'm proud I did it in T5 :)