tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Kotchnev <akoch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tapestry-spring
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:50:15 GMT
My personal opinion is that the "compatibility" mode should be the default
mode : e.g. up to this point, there is no code that depends on the "new"
mode. I find the "Spring beans are no longer exposed as services"
particularly bothersome : for some reason, I think that there is a much
better chance (at least in my apps) that I might have a "generally
available" spring services that I'd need to inject into Tapestry than the
other way around.

Can somebody clue me in : what is the most important feature that requires
the "incompatible" mode to be the default ? I remember reading on the list
about Spring Web Flow integration, but is that the only thing that makes the
new and incompatible mode the default ? What if the 'compatible' mode was
the default, and if someone wanted SWF, they could enable the incompatible
one ?

Cheers,

Alex Kotchnev