tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Kotchnev <akoch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tapestry-spring
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 06:30:37 GMT
Howard,
   thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize that there was such a
distinction (e.g. I understand that non-services can be injected). What are
the consequences of Spring services not being T5 services : e.g. what are
the kind of facilities that are available to T5 services that Spring
services wouldn't have ? I was poking around the documentation to try to
understand the difference that you outlined, and here's what I found:

( ---- from the environmental services page ---- )

Environmental services represent yet another, distinct form of injection.

Unlike service injection (injection via a service implementation's
constructor) or normal component injection (directly into component fields,
via the @Inject annotation) where the injected value is always the same,
with environmental services, the injected value is very late bound and
dynamic.

So, one aspect that is evidently different is that services can have their
arguments injected into the constructor (which wouldn't be an issue w/
Spring services, as they're constructed and instantiated by Spring). What
are other aspects that were available to Spring services "before", and will
not be available after 5.1 ?

Cheers,

Alex Kotchnev