tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Andreou <andy...@di.uoa.gr>
Subject Re: New i18n strings
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 16:54:04 GMT
Framework messages were not translated in T3 & T4 either so I
guess developers are ok with english.

Of course, if someone wants to add translations, he can just create an issue..
so, Kevin, i feel you dont have to create an issue for translations yourself, if
it's just about framework messages (the way Ulrich just defined them)

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de> wrote:
> I just had a look at StructureStrings.properties and it appears that there
> is no translation whatsoever. The question is, should we really start to
> translate framework messages, i.e. messages that aren't presented to the
> user, into other languages? One could argue that a programmer should have
> enough english language skills to understand those...
>
> Uli
>
> Howard Lewis Ship schrieb:
>>
>> I think add it, and add a new issue requesting translations.  The new
>> issue can be broken into tasks per supported language.  As it annoys
>> people, they'll provide translations :-)
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Kevin Menard <nirvdrum@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What's the general policy on adding i18n strings?  E.g., I'd like to
>>> add a new one for TAP5-151, but I'm only going to be able to provide
>>> an English translation to start.
>>>
>>> Should I keep the issue open until all translations are in?  Should I
>>> open a new issue requesting that string to be translated?  Or is there
>>> some other procedure to follow?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kevin