tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Joschko <markus.josc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding URL rewriting to Tapestry
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:05:45 GMT
Hi Thiago,
I think what Tapestry needs is not necessarily a complete URL
rewriting logic but a way to abstract from package and class names in
the path.
I am located in Europe and have done work for different clients in
different countries and often the clients want to have meaningful URLs
in their native language.

Given that you want to reuse the code you have (english
packages/classnames) you can only solve this by heavy URL rewriting in
apache. I think it should be the responsibility
of tapestry to provide a hook for "translations" of package and
classnames, as only this makes the i18n package complete.

Regards,
 Markus