tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding URL rewriting to Tapestry
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:15:29 GMT
Em Thu, 05 Mar 2009 12:50:40 -0300, Andreas Andreou <andyhot@di.uoa.gr>
escreveu:

> Hi!

Hi, Andreas!

> The reason i'm writing down those:
> 1) perhaps those links provide inspiration
> 2) trying to make sure we're not reinventing the wheel - or at least if
> we do, there's a terribly good reason for it!
> 3) I love messing with urls too - if indeed there's scope for this
> project, i'll help

Thank you! I agree with you. I've taken a look at the provided links, but
I intend to implement it in a very Tapestry-IoC way, providing a simple
common infrastructure over with we can build simple solutions for simple
problems and sophisticated solutions for sophisticated problems. :) All
this always supporting the option of implementing the rewriting logic
yourself in code. By the way, this is exactly the starting point I
envision. ;)

> PS Having a strong relationship between page and URL makes sense, but
> i can accept that in practice ppl may want/need to bend this
> relationship - a rewrite
> engine will help them do just that!

I like this relationship because it makes error logs and bug fixing easy.
You don't have to dive in your whole code: you know where the problem is
(or at least where it ultimately happened and then you have a starting
point to find out what happened).

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago