tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Piero Sartini ...@sartini-its.com>
Subject Re: Patch review 2nd...
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 19:36:36 GMT
> Though I think that such a file asset fits to the core. In fact I got
> some contacts who were really missing such a file asset.

This was my impression as well.. such an asset is needed. Was one of the first
things where I found tapestry missing some basic functionality.

In fact I ended up with Pages that return custom StreamResponses (Images,
Videos) to accomplish this functionality. But after all I am not sure such an
asset would be flexible enough for my needs... it was quite easy to switch
from os filesystem to distributed hadoop filesystem for example.

Anyway... in the beginning it would have been very handy to have a fs asset.

	Piero