tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Massimo Lusetti <mluse...@gmail.com>
Subject Site and current documentation placement
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 09:06:20 GMT
I don't want to pitch in the discussion on how to solve the
documentation dilemma so this is not a post about it.

I would like to put to dev attention that now that Tapestry 5.1 is
stable and a GA release the documentation and the whole site should be
put in place of the "old" site about 5.0 release to preserve link
pointers and bookmarks to point to the current latest stable release.

I mean instead of having 5.1 site and doc under
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1 context we should keep it under
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5 and have the "old" 5.0 site and
doc under http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.0 so outside link to
Tapestry5 which still point to tapestry5 could be preserved and
information is pointed to the correct and current documentation.

I'm following the recent discussion about the recent announcement by
Google Guice and Spring for their proposed standard injection
annotation and i've found a lot of pointers to T5 IoC (which is
great!) example and concept but all points to the old 5.0 site, and
this could cause the loss of the new features and concept from T5 IoC
evolution.

Regards
--
Massimo