tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Andreou <andy...@di.uoa.gr>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS+VOTE] Use Nexus repository manager for snapshots/releases deployment
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 02:08:24 GMT
well, moving deploy repos from people.apache.org to
repository.apache.org is no big deal &
doesn't really change our process - nexus is transparently involved...
it just 'knows' about the
artifacts and can show lots of info in its UI, but we don't really mind yet.

Now, as soon as we're ready for a release to be voted, we do
mvn release:perform
log into nexus and 'close' the staging repository. This gives back a
repository URL that holds the artifacts to be voted, and we include that in the
voting email. Once the voting passes, we log in nexus and 'promote'
the release, e.t.c.

I proposed updating the poms to all trunks so that IF someone decides
to work in an old
version, he doesn't accidentally deploy to the old repos... if 5.0
trunk is closed and sealed
and it's guaranteed no one will work there, then we can leave that out.

wrt Maven's release plugin, i know other ppl here adore it.
Apart from changing the poms (when you try to release and haven't
changed versions yourself,
it goes through all SNAPSHOT versions and asks if you want to set them
to release - if you
don't, it aborts the release), it also creates a tag in the svn :)
Don't ppl just love that?

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you provide some background about how Nexus would fit into our processes?
>
> Also, why are changes necessary back to Tapestry 5.0?  What about 5.1?
>  Shouldn't this be an issue for 5.2 and beyond?
>
> I've also been nervous about some of Maven's release plugin ... the
> idea that it will edit the poms and check them back into source
> control ... is this really what it does?
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> <thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1 (non-binding)
>>
>> --
>> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
>> Independent Java consultant, developer, and instructor
>> http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210