tapestry-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Buck O' Five (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (TAP5-903) Error running mvn site:site
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:04:59 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-903?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12768790#action_12768790
] 

Buck O' Five commented on TAP5-903:
-----------------------------------

I didn't see that one in my search.  I can verify changing all '\' to '/' in @target/component-report-javadoc-arguments.txt
fixes the issue on both my win dev boxes. Thanks Armin for pointing out the dup.

> Error running mvn site:site
> ---------------------------
>
>                 Key: TAP5-903
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-903
>             Project: Tapestry 5
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: tapestry-component-report
>    Affects Versions: 5.1.0.5
>            Reporter: Buck O' Five
>
> This is in reference to issue: TAP5-533 (I do not have permissions to re-open an issue).
 I have applied the correct <localRepository/> solutions stated in the original issue
to my maven settings.xml file.  I am getting the same exception and after several frustrating
hours I think I have narrowed down to problem to the way the javadoc process is created in
ComponentReport.
> I ran a few tests with a repo that has spaces and a repo that does not. Here were the
results:
> A repo without spaces:
> - mvn site failed with exception listed below
> - so i tried manually excuting the cmd displayed in the error: "C:\DriveS\Java\jdk\jdk1.6.0_06\jre\..\bin\javadoc.exe
@target/component-report-javadoc-arguments.txt". This yielded the same error message.
> - so I then modified the "@target/component-report-javadoc-arguments.txt" by removing
any quoted parameters and manually executed the command above and it worked without errors
(very weird).
> The next test was to try a repo with spaces:
> - mvn site failed with exception listed below
> - so i tried manually excuting the cmd displayed in the error: "C:\DriveS\Java\jdk\jdk1.6.0_06\jre\..\bin\javadoc.exe
@target/component-report-javadoc-arguments.txt". This yielded the same error message.
> - so I then modified the "@target/component-report-javadoc-arguments.txt" by removing
any quoted parameters and manually executed the command above and it still failed.
> - so I then took all the parameters from "@target/component-report-javadoc-arguments.txt"
and manually added them as command line arguments (in other words eliminating the use of arguments
file) and it worked without error.
> So along story short, I think there is some sort of bug in the way arguments are being
passed to the javadoc process created in ComponentReport.java. Please see testing environments
below.
> tested with maven2 versions:
> 2.0.8
> 2.1.0
> 2.2.1
> OS (on different machines):
> vista x64
> win7 x64
> tested with different settings.xml:
> ...
> <localRepository>C:\Users\buckofive\.m2\repository\</localRepository>
> ...
> and
> ...
> <localRepository>C:\Users\test for spaces\.m2\repository\</localRepository>
> ...
> Exception:
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Error during page generation
> Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Javadoc exit code: 1 - javadoc: error -
Cannot find doclet class org.apache.tapestry.mojo.ParametersDoclet
> Command line was: cmd.exe /X /C "C:\DriveS\Java\jdk\jdk1.6.0_06\jre\..\bin\javadoc.exe
@target/component-report-javadoc-arguments.txt"

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message