tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Geisser <oliver.geis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry on GitHub
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 20:04:08 GMT
Hi Howard and everything else with Git experience,

i'm not a commiter so my opinion does not really matter - but anyway:

>From my reading about Git on the web my impression is that Git
is not up to the level of tooling as SVN is.

If you are using Git from the commandline on linux I do not think this
is a problem. But as far as I understand the Windows support of Git
is not at a 1.0 level. And also the Eclipse support (Git4E) has not
reached a 1.0 release. And also the GUI frontend TortoiseGit has not a
reached 1.0 release.

Maybe not a real argument but I have also read that Linus Torvald has said
that Git will never perform on Windows up to the same level as on linux.

I'm interested in this topic because I've also thought about switching
a project from SVN to Git (internal enterprise project) and these were the
points why I have not done it yet.

Do you think my impression or my reasoning is wrong?

Greetings

Olli