tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry on GitHub
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 06:19:06 GMT
I don't think the concept of committers really changes.

I would say that we would restrict write access on GitHub to just
committers.  Sure, anyone can clone the repository, and anyone can
request us to pull their changes ... but that's no different than
providing a patch via JIRA. It is possible that patches-via-JIRA would
be required, rather than GitHub pull requests.

At the end of the day, committers would have write access to the
GitHub repository, which could then be shadowed to the SVN repository
at Apache.  Again, I haven't researched the technical side of this, I
do believe it could be done.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210