tapestry-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Robin Komiwes (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (TAP5-840) Support character references in tml files with HTML 5 Doctype
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 15:37:20 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-840?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Robin Komiwes updated TAP5-840:
-------------------------------

    Attachment: patch.txt

As I needed HTML5 for some projects, I made the fix.

I've explored many ways, such as DTDOverriding , custom external entity resolving...Without
success. I also tried to use TemplateParserImpl.resolveEntity() and to add a hack for HTML5
like it's made for HTML4. But still no success.

Finally, I tried with XMLInputFactory.IS_REPLACING_ENTITY_REFERENCES property set to false
, a new TemplateToken implementation for entities, and it works.

Now, every entities, with or without a doctype set, are now simply output "as it".

I created a new symbol to offer the possibility to go back to the old system.

PFA the patch with tests.

> Support character references in tml files with HTML 5 Doctype
> -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TAP5-840
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-840
>             Project: Tapestry 5
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: tapestry-core
>    Affects Versions: 5.0.18
>            Reporter: Ben Gidley
>         Attachments: patch.txt
>
>
> Currently to support HTML character references (e.g. &copy;) you need to put a HTML
Doctype at the top of the TML file. 
> e.g. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
> However for HTML 5 they have stopped using XML doctypes and instead use
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> If you change tapestry page to use this you can no longer use entities as the XML parser
doesn't know what to do. 
> Ideally there should be some kind of logic that detects <!DOCTYPE html> and include
a suitable DTD to resolve the common HTML entities. The HTML 5 specification defines the allowed
named character references - http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#named-character-references.
There doesn't seem to be a DTD of allowed references maintained anymore.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message