tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Status of Git at Apache
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 19:50:29 GMT
> > Perhaps someone will create a good Apache-specific cheat sheet.

I would appreciate, use, and help revise such a document.

With medium-sized or large contributions, I prefer to structure things as a
series of small patches rather than a single mondo patch -- that way, the
contribution is easier for other community members to review.  I haven't yet
found the time to get past git's initial learning curve, but from what I
understand, git-svn would make that workflow simpler.

First hint:

Depending on how git was installed, git-svn may not be in your path.  If
git-svn is available but not accessible, "git svn" may work instead.

(This is the situation if you use the current version of
<http://code.google.com/p/git-osx-installer/>.)

Marvin Humphrey