tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Andreou <andy...@di.uoa.gr>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULT] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:36:46 GMT
I'm not sure if there's a proper action for this - we have done this as well
(for instance 4.1.4 and a few 5.0 releases) but i somehow got the
impression ppl 'disliked' skipping numbers... anyway, i can easily bring
back the tag, and we can head for 5.1.0.7 if others feel strongly about it.

So, i'm personally fine with skipping 5.1.0.6 - it makes sense. The
only 'problem' i can find with that approach is the release notes! 5.1.0.7
would only have one item which doesn't really show the amount of work
done since the previous release. Anyway, tough call... can't make up my
mind

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 09:54, David Rees <drees76@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Andreas Andreou <andyhot@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
>> So, it looks like we still have some work to do for 5.1.0.6 - the vote
>> didn't pass.
>>
>> I'll remove the 5.1.0.6 tag from svn, revert the poms to 5.1.0.6-SNAPSHOT
>> and someone needs to add an issue for the problem outlined in this thread,
>> mark it for 5.1.0.6 and tackle it... and perhaps add some docs! Then i can
>> redo the release
>
> Isn't the proper action under Apache projects to leave the 5.1.0.6
> tagged as is, but simply not released?
>
> Then continue work on 5.1.0.7 and put that up for a vote - if passed,
> then it gets officially released.
>
> At least that's how httpd/Tomcat work.
>
> -Dave

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr