tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Drobiazko <igor.drobia...@gmail.com>
Subject ComponentMessagesSource to become public API
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:59:05 GMT
I would like to fix TAP5-915 and have to make ComponentMessagesSource a part
of the public API. I know we should be reluctant to move services from
internal packages but this feature is a must. Tapestry allows you to
override almost every part of the framework, but not the message catalog of
the components. Do you have any objections?

The idea is to provide a mapped configuration for the service in which a
component class is mapped to a path. In the following example the message
catalog of  DateField is obtained from foo/bar/baz and not from
/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components

public void
contributeComponentMessagesSource(MappedConfiguration<Class,String>
configuration)
{
     configuration.add(DateField.class, "/foo/bar/baz");
}

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko