tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Drobiazko <igor.drobia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:34:55 GMT
 <dev-help@tapestry.apache.org>I fear I found a release blocker and I'm
going to give a -1 vote but would like to start a discussion first. In my
app I have a lot of classpath resources like images or javascript files. For
these assets Tapestry generates paths like the following one:

/myapp/assets/app/app-version-symbol/foo/bar/baz.gif

After an upgrade to 5.1.0.6 all the (classpath) images of my app are
blocked. The following contribution is needed. It allows requests to some
static resources which are located inside the subpackages of the root
package.

public void contributeRegexAuthorizer(final Configuration<String> regex,
         @Symbol(InternalConstants.TAPESTRY_APP_PACKAGE_PARAM) final String
appPackageName) {

     final String pattern =
"([^/.]+/)*[^/.]+\\.((css)|(js)|(jpg)|(jpeg)|(png)|(gif))$";

     regex.add("^" + appPackageName.replace(".", "/") + "/" + pattern);

   }

I can live with  this contribution and would not like to block the release.
But I fear there too much apps which will be broken after an upgrade to
5.1.0.6. If we don't want to frustrate users we probably should cancel the
release, add this contribution and create a new release.

What do you think?

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko