tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Massimo Lusetti <mluse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ComponentMessagesSource to become public API
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:52:14 GMT
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Igor Drobiazko
<igor.drobiazko@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, what is the consensus on this issue?

My proposal is to let T5 traverse the component structure from inner
to outer most component and let the last matching win.

This breaks existing behavior but i think that due to the current
nature of the message catalog (and the way it behave) there will be
not so many clients that will be broken since most of the use case are
messages-per-components.
Let's say now every component has only it own message catalog and it
will not suffer at all if T5 will search the components structure
upwards for overwrites. Doesn't?

I think we could poll the user base for answers in this particular case.

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com