tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ComponentMessagesSource to become public API
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 01:16:17 GMT
Em Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:54:09 -0200, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> I think the entire approach needs to be a bit more pluggable (though
> decorating the service is also an option).

Service decoration in Tapestry-IoC is very powerful. Once I was in a hurry
and needed to override a service implementation. I tried using
ServiceOverride, but I got the "service depends on itself" exception. Then
I just added a decorate method, instantiated the new service
implementation and returned it, completely ignoring the original
implementation and not doing any decoration. Works like a charm. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor