tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: URL Rewriting in Tapestry 5.2
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:02:36 GMT
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:35:51 -0300, Christian Riedel
<cr.mlist@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Of course, I have to call both methods and see whether the result is
> null or not. For rewritten incoming requests both decoders will return
> null as the page name is not known to tapestry:
>
>         if (!componentClassResolver.isPageName(pageName))
>             return null;
>
> So in the end I have to parse it by myself again, right?

You don't have to parse it yourself as the service already implements it.
I'm not following you.

> Maybe we just need a thin layer around PageRenderRequestParameters and
> ComponentEventRequestParameters that would resolve getPageName() by also
> looking into contributed URLRewriting rules.

This is not possible, as Tapestry doesn't know the logic inside rewriting
rules.

> Or the ComponentClassResolver returns true for the rewritten page
> name... I don't know what would be best :)

The URL ComponentClassResolver receives in the normal Tapestry flow is the
already rewritten one. All rewriting is done before the dispatchers are
executed, so they never receive the original, non-rewritten URLs. This
should be left as it is, as it simplifies the framework a lot.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor