tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.1 beta release
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:39:14 GMT
5.2.1 is beta

5.2.2 is not released out

I would prefer that "edge development" (i.e., new features for 5.3)
occur in a branch until at least 5.2.2 is released. This makes it
easier for less involved committers to help out with fixes leading up
the the GA release.

By discussion (I don't think it merits a vote) we can swap things ...
move 5.2 onto a branch (as Josh has requested) and switch edge
development over to trunk.

However, this process is far from set in stone. Traditionally, we have
been reasonably patient about new features after a major release.

Also, I would think that everyone's best use of time is working on the
documentation, not new code!

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Massimo Lusetti <mlusetti@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Josh Canfield <joshcanfield@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What is the argument against making 5.2 the branch? It's been voted as
>> stable, if there are significant problems that need to be fixed I'm happy to
>> do that, but if its stable then checking something in for 5.2 should be the
>> exception, not new features.
>>
>> The benefit of *not* working in a sandbox is eyes. I want people using this
>> stuff ASAP so we can start the process of proving its stable in environments
>> I can't account for. If we want to have a quicker release cycle then we need
>> to commit to our stable votes and move on.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but 5.2.x hasn't been declared stable yet.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Massimo
> http://meridio.blogspot.com