tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Canfield <joshcanfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Service and Component advice differences
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 23:40:23 GMT
Maybe this is obvious to the masses, but when you advise a service
method, your advice is only triggered when called from the proxy
returned by the registry. This means that if you want to advise a
method that gets called internally by that same class the advice is
not triggered.

When you advise a component/page method your advice is called whenever
that method is called. So if you call an advised method from an
unadvised method you still get your advice triggered.

I realize that this is because page/components are actually using
re-written byte code, and services are just proxies fronting the
original byte code, but I'm wondering if any one has that about doing
something about that?

Josh