tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removal of deprecated stuff
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 13:19:29 GMT
On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:12:03 -0200, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok, I'll create sub-task issues for these cases.

Another +1 to that.

In a case-by-case basis, I think it would be interesenting to provide some
separate JARs containing some deprecated feature. I'd call them
backward-compatibility packages. This way, people with code written using
something that was deprecated can still run its code without changes and
we can say that Tapestry 5 is backward-compatible. ;)

One example is of the old URL rewriting code. The LinkTransformer API
doesn't handle 100% of the scenarios the old one does.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor