tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@roxanemy.com>
Subject PageRenderLinkSource.addParameter
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 05:18:35 GMT
Is there some specific reason why addParameter is (String,String) rather than (String,Object)?
Couldn't PageRenderLinkSource use ValueEncoderSource to encode the provided object to string
automatically?

Just thinking.

Or maybe we keep the current implementation so a user can provide an exact string if they
want absolute control over what shows up in the URL, as well as an addParameter(String,Object)?

Anyway, I was thinking of adding the new method, but I wanted to check in on what the original
rationale for String, String was first.

Robert