tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Property Expressions Change: 5.2.4 to 5.2.5
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:49:52 GMT
I'm seeing what could be a serious problem in 5.2.5.  Was anyone
working on the PropertyConduitSource code in 5.2.5?

There's been a subtle shift in how the code deals with implementation
of abstract methods.

public abstract class AbstractFoo
{
  public abstract AbstractBar getBar();
}

public class Foo extends AbstractFoo
{
  public Bar getBar();
}

In this circumstance, the PropertyConduitSource sees the type of
property "bar" of class Foo as AbstractBar, not Bar.

I'm going to check if this is a change from 5.2.4 to 5.2.5.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210