tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PageRenderLinkSource.addParameter
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 15:47:04 GMT
This was addressed in 5.2 or 5.3, where Link has a new method,
addParameterValue(String, Object).  And yes, its a ValueEncoder under
the covers.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:18 PM, Robert Zeigler
<robert.zeigler@roxanemy.com> wrote:
> Is there some specific reason why addParameter is (String,String) rather than (String,Object)?
Couldn't PageRenderLinkSource use ValueEncoderSource to encode the provided object to string
automatically?

> Just thinking.
>
> Or maybe we keep the current implementation so a user can provide an exact string if
they want absolute control over what shows up in the URL, as well as an addParameter(String,Object)?

> Anyway, I was thinking of adding the new method, but I wanted to check in on what the
original rationale for String, String was first.

> Robert

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210