tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Drobiazko <igor.drobia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spock for Tapestry
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:57:05 GMT
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de> wrote:

> IMO we are making the build and test process even more complex than it is
> today: We have Gradle and
> Maven builds, we have tests written in Groovy and tests written in Java and
> now we want to have
> both, tests using Spock and tests using TestNG.

Well, Spock makes tests shorter and more readable. All java-based testing
libs feel clumsy after you learned Spock.

By using Gradle, Grovvy-based tests and Spock we are making the build
process easier, not more complex.

> At one point we will loose track of what's happening
> where. KISS!

C'mon Uli, I don't see a reason for loosing track. What are your concerns?
Is it Groovy?

> So -1 from me unless there is something that we desperately need and that
> can only be done with
> Spock and not with TestNG.

Well, I could also ask you why would you need Tapestry if you could use
plain Servlets and JSPs for building web applications.