tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Jung <markus.jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Compiling Tapestry projects in Eclipse & how to build
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 09:15:49 GMT
Hi,

when I tried to compile the tapestry source code in Eclipse I faced two
problems that were easy to fix.

1. Invalid project reference to tapestry5-annotations, should be
tapestry-annotations
2. Plastic project layout has wrong source code directories configured (due
to pom.xml configuration)

I described it in detail in my blog -
http://viennamarkus.blogspot.com/2011/05/using-eclipse-to-compile-apache.html

To avoid any other pitfalls? Which IDE do you suggest for Tapestry framework
development and which tool is used to build it. I have seen that there was a
switch to Gradle. I just need to make local builds to replace the tapestry
libs of my demo web app.

Is there maybe some small Tapestry5 build guide - e.g. like for Tapestry4 -
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/BuildingTapestry. Unfortunately I was not
able to find a complete guide in the documentation, wiki and the mailing
lists.

Kind regards,
Markus