tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Gavin Lei <gavingui2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse WTP based Tapestry visual editor development status
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 01:50:22 GMT
2011/5/9 Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <thiagohp@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 08 May 2011 08:12:42 -0300, Gavin Lei <gavingui2011@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Igor,
>
> Hi, Gavin!

Hi Thiago,

>> http://code.google.com/p/tapestrytools/wiki/Project_Page_Component_Creation_Wizard
>
> Cool! Very nice progress!
>
> Some suggestions:
>
> * Use Tapestry 5.2(.4) instead of 5.1. You'll change nothing in the
> generated files, just JARs.
> * Instead of "Tapestry packages for pages", use "Tapestry root package", as
> this term is the one used in the documentation.
> * Tapestry's servlet filter ends up needing to be mapped to /*, so I
> wouldn't have this as an option in the project creation wizard.

Good advises :-)

> * What about creating projects using the Maven package structure? Even some
> people who do not like Maven (as the JumpStart author, Geoff Callender) like
> its package structure.

You mean use Maven structure for Tapestry web project ? Maven is
powerful and popular, But due to  i build this tool based on Eclipse
WTP, so i think we have to use Eclipse Dynamic Web Project's
structure, and i think most web developer will be familiar with this
structure

> * Adding templates to the webapp root is allowed by Tapestry but it's not
> recommended (at least not by me :))

This tool use src package for *tml file for default, but i think
supply webapp root for choice is not a bad idea