tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Stepanov <denis.stepa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ValueChanged event from RadioGroup and Checkbox
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:49:05 GMT
> Autocomplete is a mixin, not logic embedded inside TextField, maybe more than 99% used
just with TextField and people still manage to find and use it. It's just a matter of documentation.
With a promise of backward compatibility so important as it is to Tapestry, we always have
to use the best option for something in the first attempt.

I understand mixin concept and code separation but in this case I don't think we need discuss
so much about a few lines of code. We can also discuss that Autocomplete should be somehow
wired with all that onchange actions because it does the same thing. IMHO mixin is too abstract
for two different form components.

Select component already has a zone parameter and it will trigger a zone update when changed,
the question is should other form components like Checkbox support similiar behaviour using
same approach simply by binging a zone parameter?

Denis