tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: testng.xml and selenium
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 17:43:12 GMT
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 6:52 AM, Mark <mark-lists@xeric.net> wrote:
> I went ahead and reran the tapestry-core tests using Selenium 2.3.1, but
> this time with Firefox 5.  At least on my install of ubuntu it is
> faster--not slower than Selenium 1 with FF 3.6.  This is using Selenium
> 2.3.1 as a drop in replacement for Selenium 1. If we want even faster test
> times, we might be able to get it by rewriting a few of the longer running
> tests using the WebDriver API.

Mark, this is very useful. I continue to be a firm believer of
htmlunit (see e.g.
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/TYNAMO/2010/07/30/) because
HtmlUnit-based functional tests simplify the testing environment and
running them within the IDE, and also because they run much faster
than the Selenium (1) tests. Using the WebDriver could improve
execution speed and Selenium 2 also allows using HtmlUnit as the
WebDriver (although it's somewhat questionable what the extra
abstraction layers buy you in that case). It would be an interesting
exercise to rewrite some tests to use the WebDriver and compare
execution times of different drivers, namely against HtmlUnit.

> I've attached a patch in case anyone wants to test it out. I filed a JIRA
> issue TAP5-1599, but for some reason I can't seem to upload an attachment to
> JIRA.

Is the patch really big? There may be a file size limit.

Kalle