tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Taha Hafeez <tawus.tapes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'd like to review tapestry code, but don't know where to start
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 16:06:48 GMT
Hi

You seem to have exactly my approach. One thing I can guarantee you is
that this is the best code you are ever going to read. And when I say
best, I mean most elegant and not surprisingly most easy.

Well I will not suggest directly going through the code from the word
go but rather learn to use the framework first.

Next check the source code of corelib/components to learn how
components are created. Here I will suggest looking at other tapestry
libraries particularly http://www.chenillekit.org/.

Next you can learn about tapestry-ioc.

This will get you started and the rest will come automatically.

Just remember, you have a very active mailing list to help you.

Also my blog http://tawus.wordpress.com may be a good place to learn
the internals as most of the posts are based on how to do things and
the code is at http://github.com/tawus

Best of luck

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Ernesto Arroyo <earroyoron@yahoo.es> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think tapestry has a lot of technologies and tools and that i can learn
> not only using the framework but reviewing and reading some code. For
> example is a good thing to have such test cobertura so i can learn about
> test driving develoment. Or i can learn about IoC reading the module of
> tapestry for it.
>
> But, uf, i checked out the src and is a huge project. Sincerely i am not
> sure where could be the best piece to start, if it is a good idea,... I dont
> want and i dont think i have the level to help the development in any way,
> but i want to read and learn from source code.
>
> Maybe some advice could help me,...
>
> Thanks

Regards

Taha Hafeez Siddiqi (tawus)