tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Mark <mark-li...@xeric.net>
Subject Re: testng.xml and selenium
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 18:58:57 GMT
I attached the patch to:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1599

Just in case anyone wants to try it out.

Howard said that he saw a significant slowdown, but that didn't happen in my
tests on LInux.  Perhaps it is slower on OS X or Windows.

> HtmlUnit-based functional tests simplify the testing environment and
> running them within the IDE, and also because they run much faster
> than the Selenium (1) tests. Using the WebDriver could improve
> execution speed and Selenium 2 also allows using HtmlUnit as the
> WebDriver (although it's somewhat questionable what the extra
> abstraction layers buy you in that case). It would be an interesting
> exercise to rewrite some tests to use the WebDriver and compare
> execution times of different drivers, namely against HtmlUnit.

I think there should be a way to specify what WebDriver you want to use from
testng.xml or something.  If that is the case, it might be possible to test
the bulk of the tests in HtmlUnit while running the tests that are looking
for finer points of the GUI or JS implementations in several other browsers.

I'm hoping there will be enough interest to either get this update included
or at least see if we can recreate and identify what slow down issues Howard
was running into.

Mark