tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dependencies in gradle build scripts
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:46:17 GMT
tapestry-json has a special relationship to tapestry-ioc; it includes
a Tapestry IOC module class providing type coercers; however it
doesn't want to have a full dependency on tapestry-ioc; it's merely
value-add if both are present in the classpath.  Alternately, we could
implement a tapestry-json-ioc module that provided the module, but
that seemed wasteful.

I'll have to look at the Gradle docs to see if there's a way, parallel
to what I did for IntelliJ, to make the desired Eclipse project
inter-dependencies appear.

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de> wrote:
> In tapestry-ioc/build.gradle we have "provided project(':tapestry-test')" and in
> tapestry-json/build.gradle we have "provided project(':tapestry-ioc')".
>
> When running "gradle eclipse" this leads to gradle not creating links from tapestry-ioc
> tapestry-test and tapestry-json to tapestry-ioc and results in build errors since both
projects
> require classes from the respective other project.
>
> Is there a reason why the type here is 'provided' and not 'compile'?
>
> Uli

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210