tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ValueChanged event from RadioGroup and Checkbox
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:41:38 GMT
On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:04:02 -0300, Denis Stepanov
<denis.stepanov@gmail.com> wrote:

>> But most probably Checkbox and Radio will have the same initialization.
>
> Radio is more complicated and needs more code because of IE change event
> bug, also it would be nice to have a zone parameter on RadioGroup.

Prototype and jQuery will take care of this bug if it they aren't already.

> I can't understand why anyone would want a mixin in this case, it can't
> be reused for other components

I haven't tried to add Zone support for these components, but I guess
there's some way for writing the same mixin for more than one Tapestry
component.

> and tapestry users will probably look for a zone parameter on the
> Checkbox component rather than studing all mixins.

Autocomplete is a mixin, not logic embedded inside TextField, maybe more
than 99% used just with TextField and people still manage to find and use
it. It's just a matter of documentation. With a promise of backward
compatibility so important as it is to Tapestry, we always have to use the
best option for something in the first attempt.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor