tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tapestry Wiki] Update of "Tapestry5HowToSendErrorPageAsEmail" by WulfWechsung
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 20:24:49 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The "Tapestry5HowToSendErrorPageAsEmail" page has been changed by WulfWechsung:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToSendErrorPageAsEmail?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

  Like the extensive and verbose error output of tapestry development mode? Don't want to
scare your users away with the page? Want to be notified when your users run into trouble?

  === App Module ===
+ integrate this into your app module:
  {{{
- add this to  to your app module:
+
       public static void contributeApplicationDefaults(
              MappedConfiguration<String, String> configuration)
      {
@@ -81, +82 @@

  === Exception Report ===

- Unfortunately ExceptionReport ( the class that renders the exception pages per default)
reads the production-mode symbol itself so we have to copy it.
+ Unfortunately ExceptionReport ( the class that renders the exception pages per default)
reads the production-mode symbol itself so we have to copy the class.
- It's in org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.pages.ExceptionReport
+ You can find it in the tapestry-core.jar. There it's class org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.pages.ExceptionReport

- Copy it to your project and modify to always show the extensive report. I did that by stripping
out the productionMode property and the <t:if><p:else></t:if> referencing
it in the template.
+ Copy class and tml to your project and modify to always show the extensive report. I did
that by stripping out the productionMode property and the <t:if><p:else></t:if>
referencing it in the template.

  The contributeApplicationDefaults above assumes you have copied it to exception/ExceptionReport
in your pages folder.