tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: Is it possible to publish a beta to maven central?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:10:54 GMT
This is an organizational issue. While 5.3.0 was a fully voted-on release (although we deemed
it to
be of alpha quality), the preview builds are no releases in the Apache sense of the word and
thus
can't and won't be made available outside a group of interested developers that want to test
its
quality, new features etc. Therefore they can only live in the staging or snapshot repositories.

Uli

On 10.10.2011 05:17, Lenny Primak wrote:
> I understand this concern Kalle, but unfortunately 5.3.0 version is out there already
like it or not. I don't see the support issues being a problem with the betas though.

> On Oct 9, 2011, at 10:19 PM, Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's possible of course but I don't think it's the right approach.
>> Anything pushed to central will not "stick around for a while" but it
>> is there forever. We specifically don't want to debug and patch
>> widespread issues with alphas and betas, so I'd say the current
>> approach is the right one. It's very simple to run your own Maven
>> proxy server to proxy central, and getting the beta to your proxy is a
>> one-time cost.
>>
>> Kalle
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Lenny Primak <lprimak@hope.nyc.ny.us> wrote:
>>> I have to do a customer release but don't want to point to tapestry staging repo.
Don't mind depending on a beta release since it will stick around for a while in central.