tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: Is it possible to publish a beta to maven central?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:29:09 GMT
Every release done by any Apache project has to be voted upon. If you see "pre-releases" of
other
projects in central, chances are that they have been formally approved and voted upon by the
respective PMC. We don't do that here (anymore). Instead we make preview builds available
to the
interested audience which allows us to get feedback more frequently. We could make a formal
release,
even if it's not stable. The process is not trivial since it involves a code freeze, creating
branch and tag in SVN, formal checking (are the license headers ok, etc.), updating JIRA,
packaging
and signing the artifacts, etc. So we did a trade-off: Less frequent voted-upon releases,
more
preview builds. Since non-stable releases often won't find their way into production anyway,
we felt
that this modus operandi would benefit the majority. I'm sorry that your case is different.

And I don't understand why you'd need to create a new Nexus instance. Just proxy the Tapestry
staging repo...

Uli

On 10.10.2011 20:06, Lenny Primak wrote:
> I realize that. I figured since 5.3.0 is there already it would be pretty much agreeable
to put out a RC of some kind out into central. If it's no that's fine I will make alternate
plans.
> Especially since there are other apache pre-releases in central.
>

> On Oct 10, 2011, at 2:00 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, you are going to have to be patient!  We operate under some
>> rules designed to ensure quality, protect the Apache brand, and
>> provide umbrella protection from lawsuits against the individuals in
>> the Tapestry PMC, as well as the ASF as a whole.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Lenny Primak <lprimak@hope.nyc.ny.us> wrote:
>>> It's not that simple. We already have a nexus repository. We can't use that because
it contain commercial artifacts. I really don't want to have two nexus repositories. Also
I want to publish something into central myself that depend on tapestry 5.3 and can't do it
without tapestry itself being in central.