tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Before I file a JIRA against SupportsInformalParameters
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 16:05:38 GMT
I believe a bare "foo" attribute would be treated as a parameter of
the component, if it has a formal parameter named "foo".  That's
probably an area of minor ambiguity.

In you case, you've qualified foo with the mixins to which it belongs.
 The remaining informal parameters (type) have to go somewhere. I
can't actually tell whether they went to the Any component or to the
IP mixin.

Oh, and I'd tend to favor the code (especially if it has tests) over
the documentation.

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 6:32 AM, Barry Books <trsvax@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to fix my specific problem but when I tried to do the same
> thing on my test case the results are different.
>
> I fixed my problem by creating another mixin with @MixinAfter that
> renders informal parameters. My theory was that the first mixin to
> render informal parameters gets the ones in the default namespace and
> renders them on the current element.
>
> In my specific case this seems to be true but I was not able to
> confirm that with my test case.
>
> Does anyone know what the real rule is (or should be) when the
> component and mixins both support informal parameters? I'm pretty sure
> the namespaced ones always go to a specific mixin but I still don't
> understand the rule for the default namespace informal parameters
> however I'm pretty sure it's not what the documentation says.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com