tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SymbolSource to clear cache
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 21:22:48 GMT
On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:25:45 -0300, Dimitris Zenios
<dimitris.zenios@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why are symbols meant to be immutable?I dont think there is a problem
> for having an option to clear the cache of a single symbol provider.Do
> you?

I do. Symbols have been immutable for years, since the beginning of
Tapestry 5, and changing that would have unforeseen consequences. Nothing
that uses symbols nor SymbolSource nor SymbolSource expects them to
change. If you want something that is mutable, just create your own
service for that. SymbolSource reads all symbols provider values at start
up and never reads them again, so clearing one of the providers wouldn't
make any difference.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor