tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git, my huge commit, etc.
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 16:16:16 GMT
This is still evolving.

If you code in Java, you should learn Spock for testing.  If you write
Java web stuff, learn Geb.  You will be happy.

That being said, I expect to set things up so that there are specific
packages for JUnit & Spock tests, and others for TestNG.  TestNG
claims to be able to integrated JUnit tests and produce a combined
execution and report. I'll be testing that.

Junit + Geb do not have a couple of test lifecycle features that the
tapestry-core tests need.

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Lance Java <lance.java@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Howard, does this mean that all future test cases should be in
> groovy/spock?
>
> I think it's fair to say that everyone committing patches to Jira will have
> Java knowledge. Since a patch is more likely to be included if it has a test
> case, I think you are limiting your potential committers by requiring that
> test cases are written in spock/groovy.
>
> My 2p.
>
> Cheers,
> Lance.