tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: New branch: 5.4-js-rewrite
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:32:37 GMT
On 23.06.2012 01:14, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> I'm also concerned about the state of our documentation; these changes are
> going to mean far, far more of our {since} caveats; I'm concerned that our
> documentation will become a maze of these things! Having the ability to
> create a parallel branch of the documentation (documentation as source
> code, not as wiki pages) would be very nice.

We had this discussion roughly two years ago and we put a great effort into moving away from
documentation in source code to documentation in a wiki. There were several reasons for that,
most
notably decoupling documentation releases from code releases and giving non-committers the
opportunity to contribute.

I guess we could move the documentation to yet another format, back into vc and start releasing
it
alongside Tapestry, thus making changes more clear. With a bit of integration work that might
even
work with Apache's CMS thus allowing for anonymous contributions. I won't have the cycles
to drive
this though until at least mid-august.

Uli