tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: @Override on interface methods
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:24:51 GMT
On 27.06.2012 23:37, Kalle Korhonen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de> wrote:
>> On 27.06.2012 21:13, Kalle Korhonen wrote:
>>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Really? Switch JDK versions because of @Override? I stated my concerns about ditching
JDK 1.5
>> support without need before. I just would not do it if we don't gain any significant
benefit.

> Of course we don't do it just because of this single reason. There are
> many small reasons for updating to JDK 1.6 and a few strong concerns
> for not doing so. You can always refute any single lesser reason as
> not important enough.

What are these numerous small reasons? The only ones that I have heard in our past discussions
were
JDK5 EOL (which doesn't matter since we are really talking about Java 5 bytecode compatibility
here)
and @Override on interface implementations. Please show me that list of small reasons that
when
taken as a whole outweigh the concern of loosing or hindering users when switching to a newer
bytecode version.

Uli