tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: Do not display errors message
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:48:39 GMT
On 28.06.2012 09:21, Pham Hoang Tien wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> I am a new tapestry, I am learning at chapter 6 "User Input Validation". And
> I meet an issue that it can not display errors message when I use <t:errors
> />(I used tapesty-core-5.1.0.5 of tapestry version). Following is my
> template page:

> 	<head>
> 		<title>Celebrity Collector</title>
> 	</head>
>
> Celebrity Collector

> 		<t:form t:id="loginForm">
> 			*<t:errors />*
> 						<t:label t:for="userName">Label for the first text box</t:label>:
> 						<input type="text" t:id="userName" t:type="TextField"
> t:value="userName" t:validate="required" />
> 						<t:label t:for="password">The second label</t:label>:
> 						<input type="text" t:id="password" t:type="PasswordField"
> t:value="password" t:validate="required" />
> 						<input type="submit" value="Log In" />
> 		</t:form>
>
> It only show tooltip for UserName and password textfields with the message
> is "You must provide a value for [UserName/Passwor]" when click "Log In"
> button, but it can not display Errors message "You must correct the
> following errors before you may continue" as the book showing.
> Please help to understand. Thanks every one.

First, wrong list. users@tapestry.apache.org is where you'd want to ask those kind of questions.
It
covers Tapestry usage questions. This one here is for Tapestry development topics.

Second, Nabble has that nice button called "subscribe" when a subscriptions is needed. Use
it. It
saves us time that we can than spend to answer your questions.

Third, <t:errors /> displays server-side validation errors. Since client-side validation
prevents
you from submitting the form in the first place, no server side validation occurs and no errors
are
being displayed by the <t:errors /> component. Try disabling javascript in your browser
and you will
see that it works. Also see [1].

Uli

[1] http://tapestry.apache.org/forms-and-validation.html