tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New branch: 5.4-js-rewrite
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:29:37 GMT
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Massimo Lusetti <mlusetti@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:14 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm also concerned about the state of our documentation; these changes are
>> going to mean far, far more of our {since} caveats; I'm concerned that our
>> documentation will become a maze of these things! Having the ability to
>> create a parallel branch of the documentation (documentation as source
>> code, not as wiki pages) would be very nice.
> About docs... should we continue to think in terms of Confluence or not?

Well, we know Confluence, at least with Apache is a dead end. All
projects are supposed to move off of Confluence generated sites by the
end of the year (AFAIK, Confluence itself can still be used, they just
don't want to support resource intensive static page generation from
Confluence pages anymore). I agree with Uli though that Confluence has
served us well - just because the documentation is never up-to-date at
release time. I get what Howard is saying, but I'd take a an
up-to-date documentation with caveats any day over multiple version
specific documentation packages each of them possibly out of date.

Kalle