tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Massimo Lusetti <mluse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New branch: 5.4-js-rewrite
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:02:35 GMT
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:14 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created a new branch for the changes I'm about to start in on, for 5.4.
>
> These are going to be pretty sweeping changes, and I expect a lot of (test)
> instability for the duration.
>
> I'm concerned about merging these changes back into master at the end of
> the process.  I don't want to freeze other work on the code base, but if
> you think you're going to be doing more than minor surgery, it might be
> nice to coordinate first on the dev mailing list.

I'm sorry I'm a bit late here but have you (or should we) considered
using something like git-flow for development now that we are on pure
git?
BTW I think using the dev list as a coordination mechanism is plain right.

> I'm also concerned about the state of our documentation; these changes are
> going to mean far, far more of our {since} caveats; I'm concerned that our
> documentation will become a maze of these things! Having the ability to
> create a parallel branch of the documentation (documentation as source
> code, not as wiki pages) would be very nice.

About docs... should we continue to think in terms of Confluence or not?

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com